Xiaomi sub brand, Redmi, has launched the Redmi Note 7 Smartphone and it is a blast. The Smartphone giant has taken its device to another eye catching features, it arrives with 6.3-inch, IPS 1080 x 2340 p, 409 ppi, FHD+ display, Snapdragon 660, 3GB, 4GB, 6GB RAM variants, and 48MP + 5mp rear camera.
This is amazing and a nice step by Redmi, and this isn’t the first Smartphone to have this unique feature. The smartphone has a waterdrop shaped notch, and dual rear camera setup. It has a 4000mAh battery capacity like Huawei Y7 prime 2019, Infinix Hot 7.
Redmi has made the note 7 it’s first launched device after the announcement by Xiaomi that it would operate on its own as an independent brand.
There are good things to check out here, as it is very affordable despite all of its massive features.
Redmi Note 7 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.3-inch Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits brightness, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Screen Resolution: 2340 ×1080 pixels
- Dimensions: 159.21 x 75.21 x 8.1mm
- Processor: Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB / 6GB
- Storage: 32GB and 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Cameras: Back camera: 48MP with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, 0.8μm pixel size, PDAF, EIS, 5MP secondary camera Front camera: 13MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes (back-mounted)
- Face unlock: YES
- IR sensor: YES
- Network: 3G/4G
- Connectivity: 3.5mm audio jack, AK 98937 Smart PA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 /5GHz) Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, and USB Type-C
- Weight: 186g
- Sensors: Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Distance sensor, Electronic compass, Fingerprint sensor, Ambient light sensor, Vibration motor, and Infrared sensor.
- Battery: 4000mAh with Quick Charge
Design and Display
The xiaomi sub brand in its debut smart phone has a 6.3-inch Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display, waterdrop notch display with 1.95mm narrow bezels and a 2.5D glass protection up front and at the back as well.
The Redmi note 7 comes in three different colors, purple, blue, and black. it also have an 84% body to screen ratio.
Camera and Connectivity
The Redmi note 7 camera has a 48-megapixels at its back, it also has Samsung ISOCELL Bright GM1 sensor, f/1.8 aperture with four-in-one pixels, that is 12-megapixel and another 5-megpapixel sensor.
The cameras at the back has monochrome dual-LED flash support, PDAF, it is powered with an AI software that features portrait mode, background blur, HDR, night scene mode, EIS, 1080p video recording.
At the front of Redmi Note 7 there is a 13-megapixel selfie sensor as well with features like AI face unlock, AI smart beauty, AI single shot blur, front HDR, background blur.
The Redmi note 7 packs a handful of network and connectivity, such as USB Type-C port, 3.5mm audio jack, 4G VoLTE, GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth v5, and Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac.
Battery and Performance
According to Lei Jun, he said it will enable 9V/2A charging options from 0 to 100 in 1 hour 43 minutes. And boasts of 251 hours of standby time, 23 hours of talk time, 13 hours of video playback, and 7 hours of gaming.
4,000mAh battery with Quick Charge 4 support, USB-C port.
The Redmi Note 7 is powered by a Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with a GPU of Adreno 512.
The Redmi phone comes with ram variant of 3GB / 4GB / 6GB RAM. And 32GB and 64GB internal storage, which is expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
Price of Redmi Note 7
The Redmi Note 7 price is out, and it started selling from January 15, 2019. You can purchase the mobile in all colors of Black, Blue and Purple.
The 3GB RAM + 32GB storage is priced at US$ 147 / ₹ 10,390/ 55,000 naira, approx.
The 4GB RAM with 64GB storage goes for US$ 176 / ₹ 12,460/ 65,000 naira, approx.
While the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage costs US$ 205 / ₹ 14,540/ 76,000 naira, approx.
Pros and Cons
Cons: The Redmi has a different camera sensor in note 7 and pro versions
Pros: Affordable, super design, 48mp camera.
If you are in China, then you must be lucky, because it is available for pre-order order in China. Anyways, the company is providing 18 months warranty instead of regular 12 months.
Now if you are in Nigeria or any African countries, you can order yours from Jumia.